Passing of Genmab A/S' Annual General Meeting
- At Genmab A/S' Annual General Meeting held today April 10, 2018 the Annual Report for 2017 was approved
- Discharge was given to the Board of Directors and the Executive Management and the year's profit was carried forward
- Six members of the Board of Directors were re-elected
- PricewaterhouseCoopers was re-elected as auditor of the Company
- The proposal from the Board of Directors on revised Remuneration Principles, the proposal on the Board of Directors' remuneration for 2018 and the proposals to amend Article 4A, Article 8 and Article 12 in the Articles of Association were adopted
Copenhagen, Denmark; April 10, 2018 — Genmab A/S (Nasdaq Copenhagen: GEN) held its Annual General Meeting, today at the Copenhagen Marriott Hotel, Copenhagen, Denmark. At the meeting, Chairman of the Board of Directors Mr. Mats Pettersson gave — on behalf of the Board of Directors — a report on the Company's activities during the past year. Chief Executive Officer Dr. Jan van de Winkel presented the Company's plans for 2018, and Chief Financial Officer David Eatwell presented the Annual Report for 2017 endorsed by the auditors. The report was approved and discharge was given to the Board of Directors and the Executive Management.
It was decided that the year's profit of DKK 1,236 million be carried forward by transfer to accumulated deficit, as stated in the Annual Report.
Mats Pettersson, Anders Gersel Pedersen, Deirdre P. Connelly, Pernille Erenbjerg, Rolf Hoffmann, and Paolo Paoletti were re-elected to the Board of Directors for a one year period.
PricewaterhouseCoopers Statsautoriseret Revisionspartnerselskab was re-elected as the Company's auditor.
The General Meeting adopted the proposals from the Board of Directors, as follows:
- The proposal to adopt revised Remuneration Principles for the Board of Directors and the Executive Management.
- The proposal to adopt the Board of Directors' remuneration for 2018.
- The proposal to extend and adjust the authorization in Article 4A of the Articles of Association to issue new shares, so that the authorization is lowered from nominally DKK 10,400,000 to nominally DKK 7,500,000 shares, with and without preemption right for the existing shareholders, and so that the authorization is prolonged for a new five year period.
- The proposal to amend Article 8 of the Articles of Association, so that the notice calling the general meeting as well as other documents prepared for and in connection with the general meeting shall be prepared in English and, if decided by the Board of Directors, also in Danish.
- The proposal to amend Article 12 of the Articles of Association, so that the retirement age for the members of the Board of Directors is removed.
Genmab is a publicly traded, international biotechnology company specializing in the creation and development of differentiated antibody therapeutics for the treatment of cancer. Founded in 1999, the company has two approved antibodies, DARZALEX®(daratumumab) for the treatment of certain multiple myeloma indications, and Arzerra® (ofatumumab) for the treatment of certain chronic lymphocytic leukemia indications. Daratumumab is in clinical development for additional multiple myeloma indications, other blood cancers, and solid tumors. A subcutaneous formulation of ofatumumab is in development for relapsing multiple sclerosis. Genmab also has a broad clinical and pre-clinical product pipeline. Genmab's technology base consists of validated and proprietary next generation antibody technologies - the DuoBody® platform for generation of bispecific antibodies, and the HexaBody® platform which creates effector function enhanced antibodies. The company intends to leverage these technologies to create opportunities for full or co-ownership of future products. Genmab has alliances with top tier pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies. For more information visit www.genmab.com.
Rachel Curtis Gravesen, Senior Vice President, Investor Relations & Communications
T: +45 33 44 77 20; M: +45 25 12 62 60; E: firstname.lastname@example.org
This Company Announcement contains forward looking statements. The words "believe", "expect", "anticipate", "intend" and "plan" and similar expressions identify forward looking statements. Actual results or performance may differ materially from any future results or performance expressed or implied by such statements. The important factors that could cause our actual results or performance to differ materially include, among others, risks associated with pre-clinical and clinical development of products, uncertainties related to the outcome and conduct of clinical trials including unforeseen safety issues, uncertainties related to product manufacturing, the lack of market acceptance of our products, our inability to manage growth, the competitive environment in relation to our business area and markets, our inability to attract and retain suitably qualified personnel, the unenforceability or lack of protection of our patents and proprietary rights, our relationships with affiliated entities, changes and developments in technology which may render our products obsolete, and other factors. For a further discussion of these risks, please refer to the risk management sections in Genmab's most recent financial reports, which are available on www.genmab.com. Genmab does not undertake any obligation to update or revise forward looking statements in this Company Announcement nor to confirm such statements to reflect subsequent events or circumstances after the date made or in relation to actual results, unless required by law.
Genmab A/S and/or its subsidiaries own the following trademarks: Genmab®; the Y-shaped Genmab logo®; Genmab in combination with the Y-shaped Genmab logo®; HuMax®; DuoBody®; DuoBody in combination with the DuoBody logo®; HexaBody®; HexaBody in combination with the HexaBody logo®; and UniBody®. Arzerra® is a trademark of Novartis AG or its affiliates. DARZALEX® is a trademark of Janssen Pharmaceutica NV.
Company Announcement no. 09
CVR no. 2102 3884
LEI Code 529900MTJPDPE4MHJ122
Kalvebod Brygge 43
1560 Copenhagen V