Interim Report First Quarter 2018
May 8, 2018; Copenhagen, Denmark;
Interim Report for the First Quarter of 2018
- USD 432 million in net sales of DARZALEX® (daratumumab); resulting in royalty income of DKK 310 million
- U.S. FDA granted Priority Review to daratumumab in combination with bortezomib, melphalan and prednisone in frontline multiple myeloma
- Received USD 50 million from Novartis as payment for lost potential milestones and royalties following announcement of Novartis’ intention to transition Arzerra® (ofatumumab) to limited availability via compassionate use programs for chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) in non-US markets
“During the first quarter of 2018, we saw regulatory progress with DARZALEX in multiple myeloma, continued to progress our innovative pipeline, and experienced good progress in a number of antibody programs run by our collaboration partners. We look forward to an exciting year ahead,” said Jan van de Winkel, Ph.D., Chief Executive Officer of Genmab.
Financial Performance First Quarter of 2018
- Revenue was DKK 681 million in the first quarter of 2018 compared to DKK 251 million in the first quarter of 2017. The increase of DKK 430 million, or 171%, was mainly driven by the payment from Novartis of USD 50 million and higher DARZALEX royalties.
- Operating expenses were DKK 357 million in the first quarter of 2018 compared to DKK 205 million in the first quarter of 2017. The increase of DKK 152 million, or 74%, was driven by the advancement of tisotumab vedotin, additional investments in our product pipeline, and the increase in employees to support expansion of our product pipeline.
- Operating income was DKK 324 million in the first quarter of 2018 compared to DKK 46 million in the first quarter of 2017. The increase of DKK 278 million was driven by higher revenue, which was partly offset by increased operating expenses.
Genmab is maintaining its 2018 financial guidance published on February 21, 2018.
Genmab will hold a conference call in English to discuss the results for the first quarter of 2018 today, Tuesday, May 8, at 6.00 pm CEST, 5.00 pm BST or 12.00 pm EDT. The dial in numbers are:
+1 323 794 2094 (US participants) and ask for the Genmab conference call
+44 330 336 9411 (international participants) and ask for the Genmab conference call
A live and archived webcast of the call and relevant slides will be available at www.genmab.com.
Rachel Curtis Gravesen, Senior Vice President, Investor Relations & Communications
T: +45 33 44 77 20; M: +45 25 12 62 60; E: email@example.com
This interim report contains forward looking statements. The words “believe”, “expect”, “anticipate”, “intend” and “plan” and similar expressions identify forward looking statements. Actual results or performance may differ materially from any future results or performance expressed or implied by such statements. The important factors that could cause our actual results or performance to differ materially include, among others, risks associated with product discovery and development, uncertainties related to the outcome and conduct of clinical trials including unforeseen safety issues, uncertainties related to product manufacturing, the lack of market acceptance of our products, our inability to manage growth, the competitive environment in relation to our business area and markets, our inability to attract and retain suitably qualified personnel, the unenforceability or lack of protection of our patents and proprietary rights, our relationships with affiliated entities, changes and developments in technology which may render our products obsolete, and other factors. For a further discussion of these risks, please refer to the section “Risk Management” in Genmab’s annual report, which is available on www.genmab.com and the “Significant Risks and Uncertainties” section in this interim report. Genmab does not undertake any obligation to update or revise forward looking statements in this interim report nor to confirm such statements in relation to actual results, unless required by law.
Genmab A/S and its subsidiaries own the following trademarks: Genmab®; the Y-shaped Genmab logo®; Genmab in combination with the Y-shaped Genmab logo™; the DuoBody logo®; the HexaBody logo™; HuMax®; HuMax-CD20®; DuoBody®; HexaBody® and UniBody®. Arzerra® is a trademark of Novartis AG or its affiliates. DARZALEX® is a trademark of Janssen Biotech, Inc.
Download the full Interim Report for the first quarter of 2018 on attachment or at www.genmab.com.
CVR no. 2102 3884
LEI Code 529900MTJPDPE4MHJ122
Kalvebod Brygge 43
1560 Copenhagen V